The Editing and Proofreading Process at SHEA
- After you send an excerpt of your manuscript, we have a brief consultation call.
- If you want to see my work in action, I can do a sample edit of 500 words.
- I send you price and turnaround estimates.
- We sign a personalized agreement.
- You submit your full Microsoft Word document by email.
- If this is an initial copy edit, I create a style sheet (or add to your existing sheet).
- I deliver the manuscript with tracked changes within the agreed-upon time frame.
- We do a wrap-up call if you have questions.
- We keep in touch about your progress toward publication.
"I ... recommend Shea Drefs as a highly competent editor with an unusual eye for detail and accuracy."
- Anne Adams, former Dartmouth College managing editor and Washington Post contributor